Sunday, February 23, 2014

PROUD TO PRESENT.....

Interior of our self-modified campervan

We were among those lucky travelers, having realized our dreams before the outbreak of the war in Afghanistan ! For me, I may be one in a million or many millions of Thai people having done such a long overland journey to India from Europe.


Unfortunately, most of our photos (in transparencies) have gone bad due to long-time storage under bad condition of hot tropical climate and it's a bit too late to restore those slides taken during our journey more than 35 years ago. It's a pity that I was not aware of possibility to convert my slides to digital photos earlier and I have only found my hand-written diary of the journey (forgotten and kept away out of reach for quite a long time) just 2 years ago.  However, during that time I've already posted my diary in my native language (Thai) on facebook as well as created my page of the same. The attention of my travel diary seemed to have reached only readers in a small number because of my writing media limited to those who can read my language.


I'd like to rewrite / translate my once in a lifetime experience of my longest journey to India on my blog as to share it to more readers. Anyhow, I can't promise anyone of how interesting my diary will be as I can only write simple things and moreover English is not my mother tongue. Please apologise for mistakes and if it's not clearly expressed, you're kindly to post questions for further explanation.

For your getting clearer pictures of my stories, I may have to add some nice photos of different dates from my journey, available from the internet, compatible with some parts of my diary as well as some nice videos from You Tube (with most gratitude to their owners and photographers).


No comments:

Post a Comment