Tuesday, April 1, 2014

DAY 35 - ANKARA



35) MONDAY, 1 AUGUST 1977 : 0KMS. - ANKARA

In the morning we rushed out to check mails to update what were happenings at the "Poste Restante". I got a letter from MU (Narong Silapabanleng) and LEX (Marinsa Chulasevok). I was very glad, anyhow no letter from home. 

Ankara - Photo : Oliver Laumann / Bing images search

After  the post, I went to apply for a visa at the Embassy of IRAN and had to wait one day for it. Being a Thai citizen, we need entry Visa for almost every country around the world because we have never been under colonization as well as rather not quite favourable diplomatic relations with foreign countries. I only wondered when there would be some initiatives to negotiate for more  favoarable diplomatic agreement of visa exemption for Thai citizen in many more countries.  German and European nationals do not have to apply for any visa but they can use only the ID cards, TILO can save money and time for his entry visa.  For me, it is not really convenient to travel through many countries because of the need for visa.


Turkish massaage in hamam - Photo : Bing images search

In the afternoon, we got to find a place to reproduce our spare keys – the whole series that were lost earlier while doing wave surfing in the sea. We found a nice hamam, much better condition than in KONYA,  TILO hired a masseur for good massage. But when I saw a masseur with his large hands and feet, I was afraid to let him squeeze and massage my body and I'd better not asked for his service.
ANKARA is like every big city, it is generally not attractive and not pleasing to the eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment