Thursday, March 13, 2014

DAY 16 - IRAKRITSA


16) WEDNESDAY, 13 JULY 1977 : 163KMS. - IRAKRITSA


Route from KATERINE via IRAKRITSA (H), GREECE to IZMIR (S) in TURKEY


After breakfast, we had routine check for oil and filling battery water then set off north to THESALONIKI. We parked  overnight in IRAKRITSA, a seaside town with a very long beach.  Many people came for swimming  in spite of very big waves.  I took a chance to shower and wash my hair as there were service points  for  freshwater  shower near the beach.




Raintree flowers -Photo :Joegoauk3 (Flickr / Bing images search)

I found  in this area many raintrees , they were  blossoming  that I could smell.   They have bigger  leaves than what I have seen in Thailand but no seedpods yet.  Probably it was still too early for podding or they are  of different  variety.



GREEK DANCE on You Tube







 

No comments:

Post a Comment