Saturday, August 2, 2014

DAY 158 - KATHMANDU



158) FRIDAY, 2 DECEMBER 1977 : 0KMS. - KATHMANDU


I bought a blanket,  woven from wool  of Yaks  at NRS. 200.- (DM 40.-), but I had to pull out  mote  and grasses  of almost the whole surface. 


Yak wool blanket and Nepalese shirt (I bought later on)
                                         
                

YAK - Photo : gearjunkie.com / Google images search


Bhalau was sprinkled all over his body with  flea powder, it worked quite well.  Those fleas left on his body from pulling off the day before fell off to death. I noticed that  Bhalu always ran to eat sand and small pebbles.  From what I have read,  I guessed that he might have parasites !?



High ranking Lama from SIKKIM visiting SWAYAMBHUNATH  (http://munichtomadras1977.blogspot.com)


In the afternoon, the High Lama of Sikkim visited the Swayambhunath . He looked very young and should be in the age between 25-30 years old. He looks like the Dalai Lama. I was told that he was born the 13th time.  All Lamas at the temple came in procession and waited in line for his arrival,  with music and banners adorned, looking like to welcome the royal arrival of the  king.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment