Wednesday, August 6, 2014

DAY 162 - KATHMANDU



162) TUESDAY, 6 DECEMBER 1977 : 0KMS. - KATHMANDU

 

I took turn with Tilo in training Bhalu along the steps up and down of the SWAYAMBHUNATH temple. Today we started chapter one.  Bhalu is cute and clever, playful, and learned faster. I walked in front of him, I noticed that Lhasa Apso  breed  had some character like cats that they  rarely follow a command




Lhasa Apso puppy - Photo : completeddogguide.com / Bing images search



I said "HALT" in German (meaning  “stop”) while pulling abruptly  or jerking the cord strongly enough to stop him from walking and we also had to stop and stay still with him. Every time when I stopped   walking. I stood on the left side of Bhalu as I lead him with my right hand.  My next keyword of order was  "SITZ" (sitzen = sit) by using my hand to press down his back to make him sit on the ground as well as gently pulling the cord upward.  With a free  hand  I patted softly on his head and praised him with a word "GUT" (good)  to let him know that he has done it correctly.  We repeated alternately all along the passage way.    When we went forward,  we ordered him with the word  'GEH(E) " (gehen = go) to start walking. We had moderately entertaining  experiences with our 4-leg  student, he kept wandering out of the way to stop sniffing urine  and left off  excrement  of other dogs. 










No comments:

Post a Comment