Tuesday, July 8, 2014

DAY 134 - NEW DELHI



134) TUESDAY, 8 NOVEMBER 1977 : 0KMS. - NEW DELHI

 
I intended to buy peacock-feathers  fans  ( for souvenir for my friends at home), that looked so beautiful  but they were not well made so I did not get any. At the market, I saw people  selling bundles of peacock feathers (100 feathers for RS. 10. -). I just had an idea that I could probably  buy some bundles of feathers and make some fans by myself.  However, I did not think that it would be wise to carry them around until I flew back home.   



Peacock-feather fan - Photo : sripuram.com / Bing images search



I have not seen any peacock  since our arrival in India but it seems there are plenty of peacocks in this country as there are lots of peacock-feathers for sale. 



Male Indian peacock on display. The elongated upper tail coverts make up the train of the Indian peacock - Photo : by JEBULON / wikipedia.org (Google images search
  


I also wanted to buy  a carved  ivory brooch for my mother but, again as always, it was not finely crafted and it was too expensive. So I could save the money  for future use !


Interesting You Tube video of PEACOCK 










No comments:

Post a Comment